Monday, January 12, 2009

the fruit...

John 15:1-8

the verse i got from yesterday's service, spoken by God through His servant, Rev.Freddy Lay..
exposing about the fruits of a tree that attract people to see the tree.
I tried to track back my life..
in my attitude,
in my words,
in my cares for others,
in my services (so-called:serving GOD),
in my piano-playing,
in my singing,
in my dreams toward the future...

who would people see through all of that??
Can people see God through my life?
hmm...

and where did those fruits coming from anyway?
they came from the branches that stick on the tree!
"If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit;
apart from me you can do nothing."
(v.5b)

Three wonderful things that happen when we abide in Him:
* a fruitful life
* a trustful life
* a disciple's life


Lord, as I serve You, ministering your people,
strengthened me to always abide in You.




PS:
Today is the first time I heard with my own ear, i'm called by:
GI.Eirene Soegijanto (preacher Eirene Soegijanto)

aaaarrghh..
I'm so surprised and embarrassed..
I was like...opening my big mouth and just can't believe what I read in PPT and heard from the pulpit..
for me, the name was just..hmm..
it consists of a HUGE responsibility,
mature and godly attitude,
calm and gentle character,
and just sounds...not me...YET(??)

-- so help me God –

1 comment: