Monday, April 13, 2009

My First Holy Week in Singapore

the Maundy Thursday Chapel at school was awesome..
it is my first experience on Maundy Thursday (I never have it back home).

it was actually close to the Good Friday Service in my home-church,
remembering Christ's suffering, the cross, the last supper, etc...etc..
but at this time, Dr.Merlyn Yap arranged a service where we were not only doing the "feel" and "hear" but also "touch"...
she combined those three senses of ours to deepen our understanding of the cross.

Started with 4 persons reading on Christ being beaten 40 times minus 1.
He's beaten because of our transgression, our sins...
it is our pride, our selfishness, our lust, our anger, our cruelty that He bore on His back..
around 5 or 6 stanzas of a hymn "Were You There" became alive in front of me...
when I put my fingers on a "crown" of thorns...
when I held a big nail, which actually still smaller than the one they used to my Jesus...

Lord, how deep is your love for me...
it's indeed beyond measure...

This holy week was very packed and fulled with lots of "activities".
I spent the Thursday night with a service in my FE church, St. Peter's Church..
having James as my pianist, and enjoy serving together with the choir for the Maundy Thursday Service. It's amazing how we can worked out together with only 1 practice with the pianist.
the rehearsal itself was quite disaster because of the "slightly" different view of the tempo...for ALL of the songs..
but at the service itself, we managed the tempo very well..
^_^

The next day, I went back there again for the Good Friday Service.
After that, I rushed to GKY Singapore to participate in their "mini cantata".
I sang "Via Dolorosa"...
It's been awhile since the last time I sang that song..
and I felt so blessed, so deeply touched by the words, the music, the emotions....

Saturday was a different story...
it's our concert day with SSO (again)..
We sang "Haydn Mass" at the Esplanade.
I just felt -plain- when I sang it..
somehow..it was just a good music, nothing more.
hmm...need more "enlightenment" about it.

.....

No comments:

Post a Comment