Friday, February 20, 2009

Moses and me..

There was this song about Moses sung at this previous combined chapel (during Music Week).
It is a recitative but indeed melodious-21century mix with gospel style-creatively presented by the music pastor of International Baptist Church.

But the ending part was the most touching part.
The movement was so melodious, explaining the application of the previous story about Moses into our present life.
When God asked Moses, ' What is that you have in your hand?'
The song reminded the listener that God asked what we have in our hands, not something that we dont have. God want to use it. But the problem is...
Are we willing to give it up?
throw it down and let God use it?
Just like He used Moses' rod to save His people...

I made a reflection on my self....
There were a lot of times when I held what I got so tight, that I really didnt want to give it up to anybody, not even to God..
and sometimes even when I had decided to give it up, I didnt really give the WHOLE thing up...
i still held back some of it with me...

One thing I can recall is my voice.
My voice teacher, Mrs.Alice Mui mentioned about the parable of talent in my previous lesson with her. She said if God gave us 5000talents, how much does He expect back from us?
Will it be enough just to give Him back 1000talents?
or even 3000 talents or 4000talents??

It's extremely difficult to give up something you've been holding for a long time..
although the purpose for you to give it up is actually to be mold, polished, refined....to be a better you.
But still it took me one whole semester to start to "surrender" my vocal technic, and it's not even ALL of it...
I'm still struggling until this time - the middle of the second semester already-
I know I'm still holding back some of it, dont know when I can really give it up ALL..since I dont even know which part I'm still holding back...

aarrghhhh.... >.<
LORD, grant me humility to give up all I have into Your hand..
and strengthen my heart during this training time
to be able to give my best unto You
and to be blessing for others...

No comments:

Post a Comment